Best-loved Literary Tales
Literary fairytales for the older student. Best for ages 9-12.
Best-loved Literary Fairytales is a collection of thirteen literary tales penned by the best and most notable writers of the late nineteenth and early twentieth century-a time considered by many as the golden age of children's literature. Original illustrations include Arthur Rackham, Maude Humphrey, and Kate Greenaway. Readers will delight in the imaginative landscapes each story reveals and the spiritual truths hidden there.
Print version: 421 pages, soft cover
Digital version: direct download
Author: Sheila Carroll, ed.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Box of Robbers, L. Frank Baum
- The Rat-Catcher’s Daughter, Laurence Housman
- A Chinese Fairytale, Laurence Houseman
- The Golden Key, George MacDonald
- The Light Princess, George MacDonald
- The King of the Golden River, John Ruskin
- The Little Lame Prince and His Travelling Cloak, Dinah Maria Mulock Craik
- Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens, J. M. Barrie
- The Magic Fishbone, Charles Dickens
- The Pied Piper of Hamelin, Robert Browning
- The Real Princess, Hans Christian Anderson
- The Reluctant Dragon, Kenneth Grahame
- The Selfish Giant, Oscar Wilde
- Biographies of Authors
- Additional Resources