Grade One Bundle
The ultimate LBC package! This bundle includes all books and resources published by LBC Press that you will need to complete Grade One with your child. The rest can be affordably purchased on Amazon or borrowed from your library. In addition, you will receive three audio trainings designed to give you an overview of Charlotte Mason principles and how to apply them in your home school. Books included are the Grade One Teaching Guide and Resources, The ABC Test, Growing Strong and Healthy, Aesop’s Fables, Child’s Garden of Verses, Richard of Jamestown, Mary of Plymouth, Reading-Literature The Primer, Reading-Literature Teaching Guide, Italics, and The LBC Nature Journal. The audios are A Closer Look at LBC, Living History with Living Books, and Planning for Learning.
**Please note: The digital portion of this purchase will be available via a direct-download upon purchase.
Here’s everything you receive (for both the physical or digital bundle):
- Grade One Teaching Guide and Resources ($97 physical / $77 digital)
- The ABC Test ($19.50 physical / $13.50 digital)
- Growing Strong and Healthy ($16 Value - digital access only)
- Aesop’s Fables ($16 softcover / $9 digital)
- Child’s Garden of Verses ($10.15 physical / $6.25 digital)
- Richard of Jamestown ($12.25 physical / $7.25 digital)
- Mary of Plymouth ($12.25 physical / $7.25 digital)
- The Primer ($11 physical / $8 digital)
- Reading-Literature Teaching Guide ($12.50 physical / $9.50 digital)
- Italics ($16.50 physical / $10.50 digital)
- LBC Nature Journal ($4 Value - digital access only)
- Three Audios: A Closer Look at LBC, Living History with Living Books, and Planning for Learning ($68 Value - digital access only)
- Bonus Items: Narration Notebooks and Jumbo Template Pack ($94 Value - digital access only)
This is a total value of $390 physical and $330.25 digital! Now available to you at a special rate of only $214 for the physical bundle, or $153 for the digital bundle only!
***Please note: Physical bundle includes digital membership access for some of the resources included in the bundle that are not produced physically.
Detailed Description of Grade One.
Grade One Teaching Guide provides a term-by-term overview of each subject and a week-by-week schedule that details how to use the literature to teach each subject. Flexible scheduling using the LBC “Planning for Learning” method which uses 36-week year divided into four terms. Makes scheduling easy and right at your finger tips. This grade covers:
- Christian Faith Studies: A study of the promises of God in Scripture.
- Reading Instruction: A complete guide to teaching your child to read using the LBC I Love To Read program.
- Language Arts: Includes storytelling, penmanship, poetry and eight read aloud books of high quality.
- American History: The colonial period is covered from the earliest explorations of the Americas through the settlement of the early colonies.
- World History: Studies begin with Creation and cover the founding of Israel up to the Babylonian captivity and the rise of other ancient civilizations–Assyria, Sumer and Babylon.
- Science: Explore four strands—earth, physical, living, and health, includes Growing Strong and Healthy: A Heath Science Curriculum ($16 Value) at no additional charge.
- Geography: Learning continents and countries by name and sight.
- Composer Study: An introduction to great composers to foster an appreciation and understanding of music.
- Art instruction: Easy to do projects designed to improve hand-eye coordination.
- Nature Study: A guided exploration into nature and the use of a nature journal.
- Picture Study: Recommended by Charlotte Mason, for attention to detail and appreciation of great ideas in art.
- Grade One Resources: Pack with maps, documents, templates, helpful articles, and printable texts.
- ABC Assessment Test: A gentle, easy-to-administer test to assess the progress of your child. Developed exclusively for Living Books Curriculum.
The Living Books Press Aesop’s Fables offers a unique edition, translated by V. S. Vernon Jones, and is a republication of the 1912 edition, with illustrations by the incomparable artist Arthur Rackham and introduction by G. K. Chesterton. Living Books Press Aesop’s Fables contains:
- Over 270 fables
- Scripture passages to highlight each moral
- A 110-word glossary of unfamiliar words
- An alphabetical index of the morals
- A guide for study for parents, students and teachers
A Child’s Garden of Verses
Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic with illustrations by Mrytle Sheldon.
Myrtle Sheldon’s stunning illustrations are the backdrop to this edition of Robert Louis Stevenson’s wonder-filled poetry for children. First published in 1885 and continuously in print since then, Stevenson’s poems takes us sailing into the land of make-believe where a bed is a ship, a meadow a sea, and a swing can touch the clouds.
Richard of Jamestown: A Story of Virginia Colony
First in LBC’s Colonial America series. Best for children 7-9.
The purpose of the stories in The Colonial America Series is to show children the home life of the colonists with whom they meet in their books, while describing the daily life of those people who conquered the wilderness whether for conscience sake or gain.
Mary of Plymouth: A Story of Plymouth Colony
Second in LBC’s Colonial America series. Best for children 7-9.
The purpose of the stories in the Colonial America Series is to show children the home life of the colonists with whom they meet in their books, while describing the daily life of those people who conquered the wilderness whether for conscience sake or gain
Reading-Literature The Primer
Beginning reader with phonics help and word lists.
Ten delightful folk tales written in a simple style allow children to read the story for themselves. Folktales are the ideal story form to teach reading. The Primer is the first book in the Reading-Literature Series by Harriette Treadwell and Margaret Free. The Primer challenges the notion that learning to read has to be a matter of word repetition and phonics drill. The Primer is a republication of the 1910 edition by Living Books Press. Care has been taken to faithfully reproduce the type and illustrations of the original. Includes guidelines for phonics instruction and vocabulary building.
Reading-Literature Teaching Guide
Step-by-step teaching guide to reading instruction.
Learning to read can be joyful rather than a matter of word repetition and phonic drill. Margaret Free and Harriette Treadwell saw literature as the ideal form for teaching reading because stories and poems capture the child’s interest, making learning an easy road.
Italics: Beautiful handwriting for children
A complete penmanship program using Charlotte Mason’s guidelines. All ages.
We have tried many writing programs; none have matched this elegantly simple and affordable handbook. It contains italic handwriting instruction within a Charlotte Mason framework, an overview of steps in teaching handwriting to children, can be used at all grade levels, and has lessons and practice in basic italics and cursive italics as well as quotes for copy work. Used through Grade Three.
LBC Nature Journal
A guide to how to keep a nature journal and a template for creating your own nature journal. This 96-page book follows Charlotte Mason’s guidelines, has a 36-week nature journal template, includes tips, suggestions, a bird, tree and mammal observation list for you to keep a record of sightings and food for thought on the many ways nature study enriches your child’s life.
****Important Notice: Except upon agreement by communication with Living Books Curriculum before purchasing, all returns/refunds for bundles for physical products are only issued with a return of all physical items of the bundle. Partial return of items included in a bundle may withhold your refund if the return is not complete. All primary standards regarding returns and refunds can be seen here.