Grade Three Bundle
The ultimate LBC package! This bundle includes all books and resources published by LBC Press that you will need to complete Grade Three with your child. The rest can be affordably purchased on Amazon or borrowed from your library. In addition, you will receive three audio trainings designed to give you an overview of Charlotte Mason principles and how to apply them in your home school. Books included are the Grade Three Teaching Guide and Resources, Reading-Literature Second Reader, Reading-Literature Teaching Guide, Italics, LBC Nature Journal. The audios are A Closer Look at LBC, Living History with Living Books, and Planning for Learning.
**Please note: The digital portion of this purchase will be available via a direct-download upon purchase.
Here’s everything you receive (for both the physical or digital bundle):
- Grade Three Teaching Guide and Resources ($97 physical / $77 digital)
- Primary Language Lessons ($32 physical / $24 digital)
- Reading-Literature Second Reader ($11 physical / $8 digital)
- Reading-Literature Teaching Guide ($12.50 physical / $9.50 digital)
- Italics ($16.50 physical / $10.50 digital)
- LBC Nature Journal ($4 Value - digital access only)
- Three Audios: A Closer Look at LBC, Living History with Living Books, and Planning for Learning ($68 Value - digital access only)
- Bonus Items: Narration Notebooks and Jumbo Template Pack ($94 Value - digital access only)
This is a total value of $335 physical and $295 digital! Now available to you at a special rate of only $173 for the physical bundle, or $133 for the digital bundle only!
***Please note: Physical bundle includes digital membership access for some of the resources included in the bundle that are not produced physically.
The Grade Three Teaching Guide
Includes a term-by-term overview of each subject and a week-by-week schedule that details how to use the literature to teach each subject. Flexible scheduling using the LBC trademarked “Planning for Learning” method which uses 36-week year divided into four terms. This grade covers:
- Bible Study: Scripture reading and memorization, and a study of biographies of missionaries.
- Language Arts: Includes storytelling, penmanship, grammar, poetry, dictation and recitation.
- American History: Westward Expansion is the era of study with emphasis on the explorations west and south by Lewis and Clark, Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett, and Sam Houston.
- World History: Covers the ancient Greek and Roman world up to the fall of Rome in 476 AD.
- Science: Explore four strands—earth, physical, living, and health. Special study of flight and the history of science begun in Ancient Greece.
- Geography: Study of maps of the ancient world and of the westward expansion, correlate with World History and American History.
- Composer Study: Ancient Greek music, Palestrina, Vivaldi, and J. S. Bach.
- Nature Study: A guided exploration into nature and the use of a nature journal.
- Picture Study: Greek and Roman art and art in early America.
Grade Three Resources are packed full of maps, LBC Planner, documents, helpful articles, and a printable text of the book Old Greek Stories.
Reading-Literature Second Reader
Stories for reading fluency and word building.
Reading-Literature: Second Reader uses well-written folk tales, Mother Goose rhymes, and poetry to teach reading basics. The simple style of the stories and rhymes allows children to read for themselves right away. Second Reader is part of the Reading-Literature Series by Harriette Treadwell and Margaret Free published by Living Books Press. The series challenges the notion that learning to read is a matter of word repetition and phonic drill. Learning to read is an easy road when using literature that captures the child’s interest.
Reading-Literature: Second Reader is a republication of the 1912 edition. Living Books Press has taken care to faithfully reproduce the type and illustrations of the original. The book includes guidelines for phonics instruction and vocabulary building coordinates with Reading-Literature Teacher’s Guide, The Primer and First Reader.
Reading-Literature Teaching Guide
Step-by-step teaching guide to reading instruction.
Learning to read can be joyful rather than a matter of word repetition and phonic drill. Margaret Free and Harriette Treadwell saw literature as the ideal form for teaching reading because stories and poems capture the child’s interest, making learning an easy road.
Italics: Beautiful handwriting for children
A complete penmanship program using Charlotte Mason’s guidelines. All ages.
We have tried many writing programs; none have matched this elegantly simple and affordable handbook. It contains italic handwriting instruction within a Charlotte Mason framework, an overview of steps in teaching handwriting to children, can be used at all grade levels, and has lessons and practice in basic italics and cursive italics as well as quotes for copy work. Used through Grade Three.
LBC Nature Journal
A guide to how to keep a nature journal and a template for creating your own nature journal. This 96-page book follows Charlotte Mason’s guidelines, has a 36-week nature journal template, includes tips, suggestions, a bird, tree and mammal observation list for you to keep a record of sightings and food for thought on the many ways nature study enriches your child’s life.
****Important Notice: Except upon agreement by communication with Living Books Curriculum before purchasing, all returns/refunds for bundles for physical products are only issued with a return of all physical items of the bundle. Partial return of items included in a bundle may withhold your refund if the return is not complete. All primary standards regarding returns and refunds can be seen here.