Grade Six Bundle
The ultimate LBC package! This bundle includes all books and resources published by LBC Press that you will need to complete Grade Six with your child. The rest can be affordably purchased on Amazon or borrowed from your library. In addition, you will receive three audio trainings designed to give you an overview of Charlotte Mason principles and how to apply them in your home school. Books included are the Grade Six Teaching Guide and Resources, Intermediate Language Lessons Part 3, Around the World in Eighty Days, and the LBC Nature Journal. The audios are A Closer Look at LBC, Living History with Living Books, and Planning for Learning.
**Please note: The digital portion of this purchase will be available via a direct-download upon purchase.
Here’s everything you receive (for both the physical or digital bundle):
- Grade Six Teaching Guide and Resources ($97 physical / $77 digital)
- Intermediate Language Lessons Part 3 ($28 physical / $22 digital)
- Around the World in Eighty Days ($13.50 physical / $8.50 digital)
- LBC Nature Journal ($4 Value - digital access only)
- Three Audios: A Closer Look at LBC, Living History with Living Books, and Planning for Learning ($68 Value - digital access only)
- Bonus Items: Narration Notebooks and Jumbo Template Pack ($94 Value - digital access only)
This is a total value of $305 physical and $274 digital! Now available to you at a special rate of only $143 for the physical bundle, or $112 for the digital bundle only!
***Please note: Physical bundle includes digital membership access for some of the resources included in the bundle that are not physically produced.
The Grade Six Teaching Guide
A 120-page guide has the 4-weeks-at-a-glance format and includes many helps and instructions for applying Charlotte Mason’s principles of education and for planning by day, week, and month.
The Grade Six Resources include a full year of picture study, articles on the Charlotte Mason philosophy, an editable, printable planner, maps for geography, templates, and many more helpful educational materials. This grade covers:
- Christian Studies-Scripture, Heroes of the Faith journal, and practical work (according to CM guidelines).
- Language Arts-poetry, 18th & 19th century poets; storytelling, folk literature, grammar and language use. Dictation recitation and copywork are taken from readings in history and science.
- Geography-Around the World in 80 Days, with map work focusing on the places and events mentioned in the histories, science and geography literature.
- Science-uses the incomparable Story Book of Science, by Jean Henri Fabre to cover biology, technology, botany, astronomy, weather and chemistry. Study of chemistry follows.
- Nature Study-regular work in Nature Journal. Using the Handbook of Nature Study, the areas of focus for each term are: 1) ants, wasps, bees; 2) mammals (wild); 3) indoor plants; 4) reptiles.
- Picture Study-Rembrandt, Cassatt, Van Gogh, Turner. Grade Six Resources include all the pictures needed for study.
- World History-the eras of study are Enlightenment to the Modern Age (1700s to 1960s), with focus on Britain’s rise to power and her role in colonization of Africa, Asia and India.
- American History-the era of study is 20th century, addressing major events such as WWI, Great Depression, WWII and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Composer Study-Beethoven, Chopin, Schubert and Brahms. Biographies of each composer and samples of their works for study. Biographies and audios for listening are included with purchase.
Intermediate Language Lessons Part 3
Part 3 of 3 for teaching grammar the Charlotte Mason way. Best for ages 11-12.
This is an LBC exclusive book. It is the original 1914 text with in a much improved lay-flat, write-in format. No need to have to waste time writing out the questions and assignments. It is all done for you.
Around the World in Eighty Days
Tale of circumnavigation of the earth. Perfect for overview of globe. Best for ages 8-12.
Shocking his stodgy colleagues at the exclusive Reform Club in London, enigmatic Englishman Phileas Fogg wagers his fortune, undertaking an extraordinary and daring enterprise: to circumnavigate the globe in eighty days. Illustrations are from the time-honored George M. Towle translation.
Living Books Press has added an extensive glossary, a biography of Jules Verne and a day-by-day itinerary of Fogg’s journey around the world.
LBC Nature Journal
A guide to how to keep a nature journal and a template for creating your own nature journal. This 96-page book follows Charlotte Mason’s guidelines, has a 36-week nature journal template, includes tips, suggestions, a bird, tree and mammal observation list for you to keep a record of sightings and food for thought on the many ways nature study enriches your child’s life.
****Important Notice: Except upon agreement by communication with Living Books Curriculum before purchasing, all returns/refunds for bundles for physical products are only issued with a return of all physical items of the bundle. Partial return of items included in a bundle may withhold your refund if the return is not complete. All primary standards regarding returns and refunds can be seen here.