Term-by-term overview of each subject and a week-by-week schedule that details how to use the literature to teach each subject. Flexible scheduling using the LBC trademarked “Planning for Learning” method which uses 36-week year divided into four terms. This grade covers:
- Bible Study: Scripture memorization and a study of great heroes of the faith.
- Reading Fluency—some practice to assure reading at level.
- Language Arts: Includes storytelling, penmanship with copywork, poetry, grammar and many books for reading aloud.
- American History: Revolutionary War and the Founding of the Nation, with emphasis on the men and women who made the new nation possible.
- World History: A guided exploration into the history, people and culture of Ancient Egypt.
- Science: Explore four strands—earth, physical, living, and health through literature and hands-on science activities and experiments.
- Geography: United States geography, state-by-state.
- Composer Study: A study of the orchestra and its instruments.
- Nature Study: A guided exploration into nature and the use of a nature journal, with emphasis on birds.
- Picture Study: A study of the artist and the artistic process through the paintings themselves.
- Grade Two Resources include maps, documents, helpful articles, and a printable planner.