Grade One provides a term-by-term overview of each subject and a week-by-week schedule that details how to use the literature to teach each subject. Flexible scheduling using the LBC “Planning for Learning” method which uses 36-week year divided into four terms. Makes scheduling easy and right at your finger tips. This grade covers:
- Christian Faith Studies: A study of the promises of God in Scripture.
- Reading Instruction: A complete guide to teaching your child to read using the LBC I Love To Read program.
- Language Arts: Includes storytelling, penmanship, poetry and eight read aloud books of high quality.
- American History: The colonial period is covered from the earliest explorations of the Americas through the settlement of the early colonies.
- World History: Studies begin with Creation and cover the founding of Israel up to the Babylonian captivity and the rise of other ancient civilizations–Assyria, Sumer and Babylon.
- Science: Explore four strands—earth, physical, living, and health, includes Growing Strong and Healthy: A Heath Science Curriculum ($16 Value) at no additional charge.
- Geography: Learning continents and countries by name and sight.
- Composer Study: An introduction to great composers to foster an appreciation and understanding of music.
- Art instruction: Easy to do projects designed to improve hand-eye coordination.
- Nature Study: A guided exploration into nature and the use of a nature journal.
- Picture Study: Recommended by Charlotte Mason, for attention to detail and appreciation of great ideas in art.
- Grade One Resources include maps, documents, templates, helpful articles, and printable texts.( $62 Value)