Here’s everything you receive:
- Grade Five Teaching Guide and Resources ($97 physical / $77 digital)
- Intermediate Language Lessons Part 2 ($28 physical / $22 digital)
- Heroes of Progress ($13.50 physical / $12 digital)
- LBC Nature Journal ($4 Value – digital access only)
- Three Audios: A Closer Look at LBC, Writing the CM Way, and Demystifying Nature Study ($68 Value – digital access only)
- Bonus Items: Narration Notebooks and Jumbo Template Pack ($94 Value – digital access only)
This is a total value of $305 physical and $277 digital! Now available to you at a special rate of only $143 for the physical bundle, or $115 for the digital bundle only!
***Please note: Physical bundle includes digital membership access for some of the resources included in the bundle.
The Grade Five Teaching Guide
Includes the week-by-week guide, and term-by-term overview, notes, helps and maps. The resources include a full year of picture study, articles, a printable planner, e-text of Pilgrim’s Progress and many more educational materials, maps, and templates. This grade covers:
- Christian studies—Scripture, Pilgrim’s Progress, Heroes of the Faith studies, such as Blaise Pascal, George Fredric Handel, and practical Christian service (according to CM guidelines).
- Language Arts—storytelling, folk literature, grammar and language use. Dictation recitation and copywork are taken from readings in history and science. Shakespeare’s As You Like It.
- Geography—A study of the origin of mapping and the famous mapmaker, Amerigo Vespucci, as well as mapping the countries studied in history.
- Science—Studies the invention and use of the microscope.
- Hands-on experiments with the microscope. A study in personal health and hygiene and a study of classification of living things. An introduction to physics.
- Nature Study—regular work in child’s Nature Journal. Using the Handbook of Nature Study, the areas of focus for each term are: 1) fungi; 2) birds of prey; 3) winter stars; 4) insects of the field and wood.
- Picture Study—da Vinci, Michelangelo, Durer, and Velasquez are the artist of the Renaissance to be studied. LBC Grade Five Resource CD contains all the pictures needed for study.
- World History—the eras of study are the Renaissance and the Reformation (1550-1750 AD), with focus on those individuals who transformed the medieval world and ushered in the Enlightenment and beyond.
- American History—the era of study is 19h century America. This post-Civil War period was one of unprecedented growth, creativity and invention. The people and events that made this time great will be enjoyed.
- Composer Study—Haydn, Handel and Mozart are the composers for study. Biographies and musical compositions included. The last term focuses on an appreciation of 19th century folk music.
Intermediate Language Lessons Part 2
Part 2 of 3 for teaching grammar the Charlotte Mason way. Best for ages 10-11.
This is an LBC exclusive book. It is the original 1914 text with in a much improved lay-flat, write-in format. No need to have to waste time writing out the questions and assignments. It is all done for you.
Heroes of Progress
Twenty-nine biographies of Americans who changed how we live. Best for ages 9-14.
Discover the lives of twenty-nine Americans of the nineteenth century who were leaders in the fields of invention, discovery and exploration, art, music, philanthropy, humane treatment of animals, industrial success, aviation, and pure and applied science.
LBC Nature Journal
A guide to how to keep a nature journal and a template for creating your own nature journal. This 96-page book follows Charlotte Mason’s guidelines, has a 36-week nature journal template, includes tips, suggestions, a bird, tree and mammal observation list for you to keep a record of sightings and food for thought on the many ways nature study enriches your child’s life.
A Closer Look at LBC
LBC Founder, Sheila Carroll, tells the story of how she discovered the Charlotte Mason methods and why she chose to create the curriculum. This audio training answers common questions like
- Can I do “a little” Charlotte Mason?
- Why does my school time feel like a battle every day?
- What do I do now?
She expounds on the three actions to transform your home school to a peaceful harmony: Use the methods, use living books, and have a mentor. Also included are plain language explanations of what Charlotte Mason’s principles, such as “Children are persons,” really mean and how to practically apply these philosophies on a daily basis.
Speaker: Sheila Carroll
Writing the CM Way
Is your child resistant to writing? Are you stressed out trying to teach every jot and tiddle of grammar, spelling, and style? LBC Founder, Sheila Carroll, invites you to set aside what you know, or what you think you know, about teaching writing and take a breath of fresh air. Charlotte Mason believed that composition is as natural as jumping and running to children. Doesn’t sound possible? Learn to apply the three-step method: narration, transcription, and writing. Build your child’s writing skills from the ground up, lighting their fire instead of filling their bucket and respect your child’s own unique voice in their composition.
Speaker: Sheila Carroll
Demystifying Nature Study
Want to incorporate nature study in your home school but aren’t sure where to begin? This webinar demystifies nature study and answers questions such as
- What is the central goal of nature study?
- When and how to do an indoor nature study
- What to do if you live in an urban area.
- What is the difference between nature study and science?
Observation, not technical study, is explained as the basis for nature study. It is not necessary to know all the answers- just to get excited about nature and join your child in learning! The history of nature study and examples of how to do a nature walk are also included.
Speaker: Sheila Carroll
****Important Notice: Except upon agreement by communication with Living Books Curriculum before purchasing, all returns/refunds for bundles for physical products are only issued with a return of all physical items of the bundle. Partial return of items included in a bundle may withhold your refund if the return is not complete. All primary standards regarding returns and refunds can be seen here.