Term-by-term overview of each subject and a week-by-week schedule that details how to use the literature to teach each subject. Flexible scheduling using the LBC trademarked “Planning for Learning” method which uses 36-week year divided into four terms. This grade covers:
- Bible Study: Scripture reading and memorization, and a study of biographies of missionaries.
- Language Arts: Includes storytelling, penmanship, grammar, poetry, dictation and recitation.
- American History: Westward Expansion is the era of study with emphasis on the explorations west and south by Lewis and Clark, Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett, and Sam Houston.
- World History: Covers the ancient Greek and Roman world up to the fall of Rome in 476 AD.
- Science: Explore four strands—earth, physical, living, and health. Special study of flight and the history of science begun in Ancient Greece.
- Geography: Study of maps of the ancient world and of the westward expansion, correlate with World History and American History.
- Composer Study: Ancient Greek music, Palestrina, Vivaldi, and J. S. Bach.
- Nature Study: A guided exploration into nature and the use of a nature journal.
- Picture Study: Greek and Roman art and art in early America.
Grade Three Resource CD packed full of maps, LBC Planner, documents, helpful articles, and a printable text of the book Old Greek Stories.