A 120-page guide has the 4-weeks-at-a-glance format and includes many helps and instructions for applying Charlotte Mason’s principles of education and for planning by day, week, and month.
The Grade Six Resource CD contains a full year of picture study, articles on the Charlotte Mason philosophy, an editable, printable planner, maps for geography, templates, and many more helpful educational materials. This grade covers:
- Christian Studies-Scripture, Heroes of the Faith journal, and practical work (according to CM guidelines).
- Language Arts-poetry, 18th & 19th century poets; storytelling, folk literature, grammar and language use. Dictation recitation and copywork are taken from readings in history and science.
- Geography-Around the World in 80 Days, with map work focusing on the places and events mentioned in the histories, science and geography literature.
- Science-uses the incomparable Story Book of Science, by Jean Henri Fabre to cover biology, technology, botany, astronomy, weather and chemistry. Study of chemistry follows.
- Nature Study-regular work in Nature Journal. Using the Handbook of Nature Study, the areas of focus for each term are: 1) ants, wasps, bees; 2) mammals (wild); 3) indoor plants; 4) reptiles.
- Picture Study-Rembrandt, Cassatt, Van Gogh, Turner. Grade Six Resource CD contains all the pictures needed for study.
- World History-the eras of study are Enlightenment to the Modern Age (1700s to 1960s), with focus on Britain’s rise to power and her role in colonization of Africa, Asia and India.
- American History-the era of study is 20th century, addressing major events such as WWI, Great Depression, WWII and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Composer Study-Beethoven, Chopin, Schubert and Brahms. Biographies of each composer and samples of their works for study. Biographies and CDs for listening are included with purchase.